Your Data, Privacy and the Law
How we use your medical records
Croydon GP Collaborative (CGPC) handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event. We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service.
Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
Specific Policies and Notices
For more information about specific policies and notice, please see the information below:
- CGPC Privacy Notice – Care Quality Commission
- CGPC Privacy Notice – Direct Care (inc. referrals)
- CGPC Privacy Notice – NHS Digital
- CPGC Privacy Notice – Emergencies
- CGPC Privacy Notice - Public Health
- CGPC Privacy Notice - Risk Stratification
- CGPC Privacy Notice -CGPC as Employers
- CGPC Privacy Notice - Safeguarding